With a panel of over 8,000,000 respondents, Toluna is one of the largest paid survey sites in the world. There are many reasons why this site is so popular but at the same time, it does have some drawbacks which can be discouraging to some people. Learn more about this paid survey site so you can judge for yourself whether to join or not.
Toluna.com, owned and operated by the Toluna Group Ltd, started in Paris, France but has grown internationally and is now also headquartered in Texas, USA. They have numerous partners among advertisers, big brands and research companies and the results of their studies are used for various marketing programs and the improvement of products and services.
How do you earn money on Toluna?
Joining Toluna is absolutely free and it’s very easy. You just need to fill out a form with your personal information. Like most large survey sites, Toluna also uses a points system to reward members for each task they finish. Once they’ve accumulated a certain number of points, they can redeem these points for various prizes. You can earn points on Toluna through paid surveys, sponsored polls or their referral program. On paid surveys, you simply answer a series of questions and this can take as little as 15 minutes or as long as 30 minutes. The number of points you’re awarded for a survey will vary depending on the length and kind of survey. Usually, it’s a minimum of 3,000 points equivalent to $1, or a maximum of 15,000 points or $5. For sponsored polls, on the other hand, you answer only one question and you are immediately awarded 15 points. Their referral program gives you 500 points for every person you refer who registers on the site. They also have monthly cash sweepstakes for active members.
What rewards can you get from Toluna and how do you claim the rewards?
There are many rewards offered on Toluna. You can receive gift cards from Amazon and iTunes, movie vouchers and cash which you can transfer to your bank or PayPal account. Vouchers or gift cards may be electronic or paper. Electronic vouchers will be sent to either your Toluna account or email address, while paper vouchers will be sent via mail to your address on profile. A minimum of 30,000 points is required for you to convert your points to rewards. Converting your points to cash is the easiest method since requesting for paper vouchers takes several weeks to process.
– You receive a bonus 500 points when you first sign up.
– You are assured of receiving several survey invitations every week and even if you don’t qualify for a survey, you will still be given an entry into the monthly sweepstakes.
– One of the things that makes Toluna unique is their Giftie reward option. Gifties are virtual gifts which can become physical gifts and you can send these to anyone you know, including yourself.
– The minimum age for joining is 13 years old. The surveys sent to teenagers between 13 to 18 years old will also be limited to those appropriate for their age.
– They offer other interesting features on their website, like the polls, battles and thumb it. Toluna also lets you conveniently answer from mobile devices since they have a mobile app.
– The main concern for Toluna’s members seems to be the 12 month expiration date for your points. This means that every time you receive points, you need to use them within 12 months or they will disappear from your account.
– Some members have also commented on the long processing time for receiving your rewards and a few have complained of not receiving their rewards at all.
Is Toluna a good paid survey website?
While there is no question that Toluna is legitimate, the site has received mixed reviews in general. If you’re looking to consistently answer paid surveys every week from an established survey site, Toluna could be a good choice for you. You have to be sure to claim your rewards, though, before your points expire and it might be best to convert your points to cash, as well, if you’re using this site. If you’d still prefer to receive physical merchandise, just be prepared to wait a few weeks.